Moving and Packing Supplies Fairfax Virginia
Our climate controlled units provide the perfect environment for worry-free storage. Take full advantage of your space with expert packing. Before moving in:
- Invest in good materials. Cheap bins and boxes will deteriorate over time, leading to warping and – eventually – breakage. Pre-used boxes or grocery bags may carry odors and residue from previous contents, both threatening your possessions and attracting pests. However long you plan to keep your items in storage, investing in sturdy materials is a must.
- Plan your space. We recommend putting big items such as furniture along the walls or in the back of the unit. Keeping small, seasonal items near the front increases accessibility and can make your unit more functional.
- Pack smart. Don’t pack boxes heavier than you can lift and make sure to protect fragile items with packing materials such as packing peanuts or newspaper.
- Get creative. Within reason, you can repurpose some household items as containers for smaller pieces. Keep clothes in suitcases, stack books on bookshelves, hold sheets in laundry baskets, etc. While not great for stacking or uniformity, being smart about your space can reduce the amount of packing you need to do before moving.
- Label. Even if you remember exactly which box you put the Christmas decorations in, boxes tend to look pretty similar once they get shuffled around. Writing the contents of the box on the outside will save you a lot of trouble.
Contact Us Today
Fairfax City Self-Storage is the perfect choice for Virginians looking for a secure, professional storage option. We offer climate controlled units and around the clock access to all of your possessions. Contact us to get started today.