Storage units offer safety, security, and easy access to your valuable household items. Whether you’re in the process of a move, have an extensive collection with a lack of storage room, or are renovating, storage units are an excellent solution for all of your items. Popular items to collect can include posters, artwork, records, and cards. Many people often collect a wide range of cards over the years and want to preserve them. From playing cards to basketball cards, Pokémon cards, and more, it’s important to handle them with care and store them properly so you can pass them on through generations. Here, we list some tips to help you maintain and store your collectible cards.
- Carefully handle your trading cards: One of the best steps you can take to efficiently preserve and store your collector cards is by taking extra precautions while handling them.
- Use binders or card sleeves: Binders and sleeves can protect your card and ensure that they do not become bent or marked with any scratches or tears.
- Store them in toploaders: Toploaders are individual plastic card holders that come in rigid and semi-rigid varieties. In addition, they come in a wide range of sizes and are ideal for easily displaying your cards to other collectors and enthusiasts.
- Use sports card albums: One of the most popular means of card storage includes albums. Albums offer 3 metal rings that each hold plastic sleeves for trading, sport, and other cards. They are not as cost-effective as other storage options, such as storage boxes but are more efficient for storing cards you would like to showcase often.
- Utilize storage boxes: Storage boxes are also known as one of the most popular storage options. They are made out of corrugated cardboard and are known for being efficient and inexpensive. The largest benefit of storage boxes is that they can hold a large quantity, including anywhere from 50 to 5,000 sports cards each.
Use a Temperature Controlled Store Unit
The temperature of a room can significantly affect the condition of your collector’s cards. It’s recommended to store all types of cards in a cooler room to preserve them over time.
One of the best ways you can ensure the safety of your collector cards is by storing them in a temperature-controlled storage unit. By doing this, you can reduce the chance of damage from humidity, heat, and light. You can also have peace of mind knowing the location of your cards and that they are being protected around the clock.
Contact Us Today
When you need storage solutions for your collectible cards, look to the professionals at Fairfax City Self Storage. At Fairfax City Self Storage, we offer clean, affordable storage solutions for your trading cards and other items in Fairfax, Virginia! We have both temperature-controlled and non-temperature-controlled storage units, as well as Ground floor and drive-up storage units. Backed by 30 years of serving the community, we are committed to continued excellence. Contact us today to learn more about our storage solutions!